I wanted to try a healthy cookie recipe and I came across a recipe for these cookies on pinterest. I had lots of quinoa so I decided to try them.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats(if making these gf use gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, and oats in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low/medium speed, combine ingredients well.
Tip: Allow the quinoa to cool before mixing it in.
3. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop and mold dough into round, tablespoon-sized cookies.
5. Place cookies on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until bottoms are nicely browned.
6. Allow to cool completely before storing.
They turned out really well. Hope you all enjoy this healthy cookie recipe!